Heather Knight has moved up one place to 11th after scoring 84 runs, including a fifty, and Shrubsole is 11th in the other list after moving up two places and to within one point of her career-best points tally of 654 with five wickets in the series, which saw England move up to second place in the ICC Women’s Championship.
England are on 18 points after 15 matches, strengthening their position in the eight-team championship that provides direct qualification berths to hosts New Zealand and four other top teams in the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2021.
On the other hand, Sri Lanka’s chances of a direct qualification were quashed with the 3-0 series loss at home as they have managed only two points from 15 matches and will now need to go through the Qualifying tournament.
Australia are on the verge of qualification after only 12 matches, as they lead the table with 22 points. India are third with 16 from 15 matches while New Zealand (14 from 15) and South Africa (13 from 12) are in fourth and fifth positions, respectively.
In other movements, Amy Jones has moved up four places to a career-best 28th position after finishing as the top scorer in the series with 209 runs, with three half-centuries, and Laura Winfield has moved up seven places to 40th with 75 runs in the series.
The England bowlers to advance in the latest rankings include Laura Marsh (up five places to 21st), Alex Hartley (up two places to 29th) and Kate Cross (up 17 places to 55th), who all chipped in with useful efforts during the series.
For Sri Lanka, Nilakshi de Silva has moved up 14 places to 62nd, Harshitha Madavi has moved up 54 places to 64th and Oshadi Ranasinghe has gone from 126th to 90th among batters. Oshadi has also gained seven places to reach 71st among bowlers while Inoshi Fernando has reentered the rankings just one slot behind in 72nd place.
The batting and bowling rankings continue to be led by India’s Smriti Mandhana and Jhulan Goswami and there are no changes in the top five all-rounders.
Some highlights of the ODI rankings:
• Heather Knight (Eng) up one place to 11th
• Amy Jones (Eng) up four places to 28th
• Laura Winfield (Eng) up seven places to 40th
• Nilakshi de Silva (SL) up 14 places to 62nd
• Harshitha Madavi (SL) up 54 places to 64th
• Oshadi Ranasinghe (SL) up 36 places to 90th
• Anya Shrubsole (Eng) up two places to 11th
• Laura Marsh (Eng) up five places to 21st
• Alex Hartley (Eng) up two places to 29th
• Natalie Sciver (Eng) up three places to 32nd
• Heather Knight (Eng) up four places to 45th
• Kate Cross (Eng) up 17 places to 55th
• Oshadi Ranasinghe (SL) up seven places to 71st
• Inoshi Fernando (SL) reentered at 72nd
• Achini Kulasuriya (SL) up 15 places to 83rd