Ellyse Perry, Meg Lanning receive most number of ICC Awards of the Decade nominations

New Update
All hail Meg the Mighty!

Meg Lanning celebrates her 14th ODI century. © Getty Images

The International Cricket Council has announced the nominations for the special edition of the ICC Awards of the Decade, in an aim to celebrate and reward top performers in the decade. It will recognise the best players across cricket over the past 10 years, and for the first time, the fans’ voice will be heard in selecting the winners across categories including the Sir Garfield Sobers and Rachael Heyhoe Flint Awards.

While the fan vote will take 10 per cent of the voting, the rest 90 per cent comes from an expert panel. However, fans will provide 100 per cent of the vote for the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade, from a list of the past winners since 2011.

Among the nominations, the Australian star duo of Ellyse Perry and Meg Lanning has received three nominations each while the likes of Indian skipper Mithali Raj, West Indies captain Stafanie Taylor, New Zealand’s Suzie Bates and England Anya Schursole have got two nominations apiece.

Expectedly, Thailand, who mesmerized everyone with their smile and show during the T20 World Cup in Australia earlier this year have also got three nominations in the Associate Cricketer of the Decade category.

The nominations are:

Rachael Heyhoe Flint Award for ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade (Tests, ODIs, T20Is): Suzie Bates (NZ), Meg Lanning (AUS), Ellyse Perry (AUS), Mithali Raj (IND), Sarah Taylor (ENG), Stafanie Taylor (WI).

ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade: Suzie Bates (NZ), Jhulan Goswami (IND), Meg Lanning (AUS), Ellyse Perry (AUS), Mithali Raj (IND), Stafanie Taylor (WI).

ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade: Sophie Devine (NZ), Deandra Dottin (WI), Alyssa Healy (AUS), Meg Lanning (AUS), Ellyse Perry (AUS), Anya Shrubsole (ENG).

ICC Women’s Associate Cricketer of the Decade: Kathryn Bryce (SCO), Sarah Bryce (SCO), Natthakan Chantham (THA), Sterre Kalis (NED), Chanida Sutthiruang (THA), Sornnorin Tippoch (THA).

ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade: Katherine Brunt (ENG) – 2014 winner, Anya Schrubsole (ENG) – 2017 winner.

The winners will be announced next month in a special ICC Awards of the Decade digital show to be broadcast on the ICC digital channels.