Cricket Australia to work with a skeleton staff until June 30

author-image
Women's CricZone Staff
New Update
Cricket Australia to work with a skeleton staff until June 30

Kevin Roberts addresses the media. © Getty Images





Australia's next major assignment is the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2020 and the men's India series at the back end of the year by which time CA are hopeful things will subside. The women, on the other hand, are scheduled to host a tri-series involving India and New Zealand early next year.



"We have made the decision during this period of isolation, where activity has naturally been reduced, to stand down our people on reduced pay effective 27 April for the remainder of the financial year," CA said in a statement.



The decision was made by Kevin Roberts, CA chief executive, and was conveyed to all the staff members.



ALSO READ: England players agree for a pay cut



"The impacts on the sports industry of the coronavirus pandemic are bigger than any one sport,” CA said. “We are conscious of the impact this will have on Australian Cricket and are working hard to manage that proactively."



Earlier, CA had delayed the announcement of central contracts for its players for the 2020-21 season. The players have also been involved in discussions about a possible pay cut during this period.



"Even though CA was able to complete a bulk of its 2019-20 season before the coronavirus crisis hit, the subsequent downturn has brought the indefinite postponement of cricket and other sports worldwide, which has in turn severely disrupted commercial partners and other revenue streams."



This news comes after the South Australian Cricket Association also announced a staff cut earlier this month.
Subscribe